Thursday, September 11, 2014

9/11/14 - Book review - The Homesick Texan's Family Table by Lisa Fain

Lisa Fain’s The Homesick Texan is a blog I have enjoyed for quite some time.  When I was given the opportunity to review her second book, 
The Homesick Texan’s Family Table, I jumped on it.


Love, love, love this cookbook!  It has beautiful photos of the dishes and what’s not to love about slow, southern cooking?  I love Texas and I love Texas cooking.  Even though I’m stuck here in the mid-Atlantic I can still enjoy some good ole Texas dishes.  Lisa Fain has given me more ideas to spice up an existing recipe or capture something new to add to a potluck or family dinner.  I can’t wait to try some of these family recipes.  Chipotle-cheddar scalloped potatoes…can you just imagine that melt in your mouth, subtle heat of this side dish?  Come on fall, I’m looking forward to trying some of her chili’s and soups like black-eyed pea and Mexican chorizo soup or pork chili verde.  She has shared her thoughts on her recipes as well.

This cookbook is awesome – 5 stars from me!

I received this book from BloggingforBooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment