Wednesday, August 24, 2016

8/24/16 - The Wired Soul: Finding Spiritual Balance in a Hyperconnected Age by Tricia McCary Rhodes book review for Tyndale Blog Network

The Wired Soul: Finding Spiritual Balance in a Hyperconnected Age by Tricia McCary Rhodes is a Christian, Spiritual growth book that is written for our high-tech life.  It is for those who struggle to pray, to read the Scriptures and to be still to know that God is God. She is the author of several books and she and her husband founded New Hope Church in San Diego.

This book is very interesting and well written AND, if you're like me, will step on your toes. I finished reading the book a few weeks ago and I think my toes are still bruised.  Ok, if you find it hard to concentrate reading the Scriptures or your mind wanders when you try to pray, but if you hear the ding of a device two-rooms away, better put on your steel-toe shoes.  When I read a book for review I don't normally write in it, not this book.  I have gathered so many useful tools that I have started to put some in place.  Here are a few tips that may help you (oh yeah, and me) grow closer to our Savior:  slow reading and deep thinking, meditation, prayer and contemplation.  Seems pretty simple right? Then you try it! Get this book!

I received this book for a fair and honest review.  I would have gladly paid as I have received a generous amount back in knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment