Friday, August 12, 2016

8/12/16 - Book review of Bodie by Anne Sweazy-Kulju

I loved, loved, loved this book. While reading it I got near to the end and I didn't want to read anymore because I didn't want it to end.  This author knows how to lay out a plot, introduce characters that you'll remember and keep you wanting to stay up until the break of dawn to read.

Two sisters, unbeknownst to each other, were having the same reoccurring dream of a murder in Bodie, California.  The two sisters, Lara and Lainy had survived foster care but knew next to nothing of their family's past.  There memory was regressed by a therapist and then their world turned upside down. There destination was a ghost town in California where they wanted to find out more about this unsolved murder that took place years ago.  That meeting with the therapist/psychic started a chain reaction of hired guns chasing them, mining executives fearful of their cover-ups and the therapist wanting to tell their story.  It is a whirlwind of excitement throughout this book.

I love the characters, the paranormal aspect, the history and the well written plot that is based on a true story.  I would recommend this book to everyone from 8 to 80.

I received this book from the author for an honest review.



No comments:

Post a Comment